Today before work I decided to do some interval training and this is what I decided on.  This workout was designed by my sister, but I have tweaked it for my liking and ability.  This is the perfect treadmill workout to set yourself up for success because it is quick and everything is done in short bouts so you won't get bored.  It will also whip you into shape, so be warned.


Here is how it shakes out:

Warm up for a few minutes

5 minutes at a level a little slower than your normal pace (for me this is a jog at a 4.3)
1 minute at a 5
1 minute at a 6
1 minute at a 7
1 minute at a 6
1 minute at a 5

*repeat 2-3 times

The best part of this is that you can tailor it to what will challenge you then after your legs will feel like jelly.  I'm a big fan of this routine because it is an easy way to be exhausted and really push yourself in a 20 minute run.  After the interval training I decided to do a little yoga progression and it was relaxing to stretch after all that running.  

Then, I got really ambitious and decided to bake up some of my favorite banana muffins.  These little babies are awesome because you mix them in a food processor, they are gluten free, and you don't have to add any extra sugar.  Here is the recipe that will become a favorite of yours too, Banana Oatmeal Muffins

wonderful start to wonderful wednesday
The only thing I have changed about this recipe is that I like to add 1 Tablespoon of ground flaxseed, 1 Tablespoon of chia seeds to the batter, and 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts.  I like all the nutty-ness that this adds and it makes them more like banana bread.  You'll love them!  The best part is that you can freeze them and pull them out one at a time.  If you are taking them to work there is no need to defrost, they will thaw in a few hours for the perfect snack.  Based on what I used there are about 130 calories in one muffin...perfect.

Work was blah today but that is okay because I have so much to look forward to these next few days.  Worship night at church tomorrow, lots of half marathon training this weekend, and then singles gathering on Sunday at church.  Woohoo! 

Goodnight and best wishes!


Leave a Reply



Instagram
Powered By Blogger

Followers

Featured Posts