Work was not any different today than it has been any other day this week, but tonight was wonderful.  Thursdays are a day I look forward to because it's close to the weekend yes but it is also time I get to spend with my small group.  Tonight we opted to skip on a session and attend night of worship at our church instead.

I am always talking about how GOD gives you what you need when you need it and tonight was nothing short of that.  In the midst of everything that has happened since I have moved to Atlanta GOD has always been there and tonight I became even more in awe of that fact.

Tonight we praised Him for all that He is and then came communion.  The message before the Lord's Supper was about the personal significance of the act.  Communion is not about church or something you do there but is about the relationship you have with Christ and when you first accepted Him.  I don't know if I truly remember the exact place and time that I accepted Christ into my heart and life because He has always been there.  I can not recall any moment when I wasn't sure that He was there. There were of course the "lost years", but even then I knew He was there I just chose to not acknowledge Him.  What a beautiful and perfect thing?!  Even when I failed to give Him the glory He deserved He never left me and was always there even when I had forgotten about Him completely.

As I took communion for the first time since I have left Tennessee and said my prayer I thought about how different my life looks.  I thought about that young firecracker of a girl in a teeny Methodist church with bowed knees on the chancel rail.  I thought about the people, the organ, the prayer, and of course all the memorization that was said and stated...I believe in GOD the father almighty maker of heaven and heart...son was crucified, died and was buried.  All of it just started to mumble in my head and I thought about how lucky I am that GOD was always there, never left me, and was close to me in the small Methodist church in Dover, Tennessee from the very beginning.

When I opened my eyes and realized I was in a massive auditorium in Buckhead with tons of people I had never met, then it occurred to me that I am exactly where GOD wants me to be.  I sing old hymns around my house frequently and to me they have the same affect as quoting scripture.  Here is the one I have been singing all night.  Enjoy!


Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

Love,

Alaina


Leave a Reply



Instagram
Powered By Blogger

Followers

Featured Posts