This weekend has been pretty relaxing and I am so thankful for that.  After everything the past couple weeks, B and I have been happy to just relax at home and keep everything low key.  I've done some cooking, laundry and yoga but that's been about it.  


Here's the meal that I whipped up last night.  Whole wheat spaghetti with homemade marinara, spinach salad with olives and tomatoes, french bread with olive oil, rosemary and cracked pepper.


I topped off my yummy dinner with a glass of white wine and a couple good cookbook reads.


We bought a bag of gala apples, granny smith apples, and concorde pears at Trader Joes for the week.  Aren't they beautiful?!


I also decided to pull out all the odds and ends meals from our freezer and cook everything for the upcoming workweek.  I cooked up rice casserole, twice baked cheddar broccoli potatoes, chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, enchilada pie, french style carrot and potato mash, and Hawaiian BBQ chicken.  I am a vegetarian but B still eats meal a couple times a week.  I love prepping meals for the week so I don't have to worry about spending money eating out or being too busy when I get home.


I decided to make some yummy gingerbread loaf this morning and we have been snacking on it all day.


Chloe has been doing a lot of this today.  Give this pit bull a lap and a blanket and she is out cold.  Nothing like napping on this gross rainy day.


I did some yoga this morning and it felt so good to do something to be active again.  I decided to do some squats and crunches too.  I am still trying to take it easy after last week, but I just want to run or spin so much.  This morning I made B and I some oatmeal with cinnamon and almond milk topped with a little brown sugar, lots of blueberries and walnuts.  We also had apples with a sprinkle of apple pie spice and a slice of gingerbread cake.

I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend!  


Leave a Reply



Instagram
Powered By Blogger

Followers

Featured Posts