Happy Fall Ya'll!  The air is crisp and cool and the leaves are starting to change to the perfect shade of yellow, orange, and red.  I put my fall wreath out a little while ago and now it's time for turkey chili, warm blankets, and celebration before old man winter comes to town.

Well, I did miss a few days but frankly nothing revolutionary happened yesterday or Friday.  More chaos at work...blah, blah, blah.  I did do a little shopping yesterday though, in fact I actually went to the mall.  I somehow forgot that Saturdays around here might as well be the day after Christmas or Black Friday.  It was a mad house, but I am so glad I went.  I picked up a few tops and got a super cute pair of brown suede wedge knee high boots.  I have been looking for more fall essentials ever since I unpacked all my cold weather clothes.  Not only does nothing fit because of the weight loss earlier this year, but I am not quite sure if my wardrobe even made the transition from college.  Since my calves are now thinner I have been in search for the knee high boot.  I wanted something that would work with dresses, legging, jeggings, and skinny jeans of course.  Definitely a riding boot, but something not quite as traditional as the cognac, buckle, typical strap.  That's when I found on Etsy the most beautiful pair of oxblood equestrian vintage boots.
Drum roll, please.
I can not wait to get these beauties in the mail and start wearing them.  What's not to love?!  The rich color, vintage feel, traditional laces...yep, perfect.  Not only are they one of a kind sorta beautiful, they're vintage and you know how I feel about that.  Now if only my sister would move to Atlanta and dress me from head to toe everyday.

I'm not a superficial person at all, but there is something to be said for feeling good about yourself and confident because of what you are wearing.  I may not have a super busy social life compared to some, but hey I do start singles gathering tonight so why not?!

This morning I was up before the sun and it actually felt pretty good for a change.  The past few days I have been so tired I have just wanted to lay in bed but this morning was different.  I think Chloe Mae has a heightened sense of the cool weather and was up and ready to go this morning, unlike most when I have to tell her to get up and out of bed.  To the left you can see she is ready for a walk and that is exactly what we did.  I would normal take her with me to the park to run, but not today.  I have been a bit behind on my half marathon training so I opted to walk her then drive to the park for a long run so I could run a little faster and a little farther.  She is a pit bull and quite the athlete of course, but with her having Addison's disease I think it slows her down a bit.  Also, let's not forget that she is a beefcake so after about mile 3 it is a struggle to get her to keep up.  I ran a little over 4 miles today and it felt good.  So good that it was painful, so I decided to take a lavender Epsom salt bath when I came home, heated up some homemade chicken pot pie from the freezer, then took a little cat nap.  I just whipped up some sweet chocolate peanut butter oatmeal bars to take to the singles gathering tonight.  I will let you know how they turn out.  I hope they are edible at least since I am trying someone else's recipe.

So here's to fall and beautiful weather, warm hearts and warm blankets, and perfect morning runs.  Enjoy the weather and the season while you can and never forget who made the stars and the moon.

Love,

Alaina


Leave a Reply



Instagram
Powered By Blogger

Followers

Featured Posts