Yesterday was by far one of the best Mondays I have had in a long time.  Not only did I quit my miserable job, but I was able to focus on me and all those little things that come along with extra time.

It's truly unbelievable how entirely refreshed I felt after I turned in my resignation letter.  It's so silly to think how much a little tiny piece of paper can allow you to feel so liberated.  I'm ready to start this next chapter in my life.  I'm ready to start my classes, change my career, become more focused on my quiet time, and continue to grow with my honey.

I spent yesterday as a way to catch up on some stuff like bed making, cleaning, and rearranging some furniture.  I also managed to exercise a little as well.  My treadmill has literally been collecting dust...gross.  Gross because it's gotten dirty and gross because I am so out of shape.  I'm ready to be rock hard again and ready for this new phase.  The Spending Freeze has already proven to be challenging but so life changing in a certain way.  It's wonderful how content you feel when you can control your wallet.

Since I took yesterday as more of a "personal" day after I quit my job I was able to cook and be merry.  The cooking part comes from making this tasty Cranberry with Crystallized Ginger Bread and creating this sorta Valentine's Day like banner.

What's tastier than the heat from crystallized ginger?

Glazed and ready to eat
For the bread I substituted lime zest and juice instead of the lemon in both the batter and the glaze and it was perfect.  The loaf is beautifully studded with cranberries and crystallized ginger and not too sweet.  This quick bread is the ideal snack or indulgence.

Love always has a place in your home


The banner turned out adorable with a little help from some leftover fuchsia yarn and card stock.  It adds just the right amount of whimsy to the mantle since it's naked without all that Christmas garland. 

I hope your week has started out with all the joy that mine has.  Happy Tuesday!


Leave a Reply



Instagram
Powered By Blogger

Followers

Featured Posts