On Fridays I try to fancy up dinner a little bit.  Notice that I only said a little bit.  I have so much produce in my refrigerator from my large trip to Whole Foods earlier in the week that it is like shopping through my crisper drawer.  I decided to make a main dish of butternut squash flat bread with a side of marinated tomato salad and a fruit dessert of strawberry mango quinoa salad.



I found this recipe and it served as my inspiration for the flat bread.  I didn't have as much kale as the recipe called for so I used some spinach, used my own dough recipe with whole wheat flour and flax seed meal, and used a cheese blend from Trader Joe's instead of the mozzarella.

The flat bread was delicious!  The butternut squash is hearty and sweet once roasted, the greens are savory, and the crust is nutty.  I even had enough butternut squash leftover to make these butternut squash pancakes for breakfast.  It might sound odd, but when roasted butternut squash reminds me of pumpkin and could go sweet or savory.



As a side I prepared some marinated tomatoes.  They were bursting with favor and a fresh addition to our meal.  Here is how I made the Marinated Tomato Salad.


We finished the meal off with some Strawberry Quinoa Salad with Honey Lime Dressing and watched a movie.  There is nothing better than making a healthy, scrumptious meal for the one you love.

Happy Weekend!


Leave a Reply



Instagram
Powered By Blogger

Followers

Featured Posts