Yesterday Bernard and I opted to skip church and hit the park.  We love being outdoors and taking Chloe Mae with us, so we headed over to Stone Mountain Park.  Since we bought an annual pass last month the trip was a "free" way for us to spend time together and enjoy the weather.


It was a sunshine-y and absolutely perfect day.  The temperature was in the mid 70s with a slight breeze.  We hiked some nature trails and walked all around the park.  After about an hour and a half of walking we decided to head home, grab some lunch, and get started on the gardening project.


I've always wanted to garden and this year we are making it happen.  My tomato and pepper plants are not ready to be transplanted so I went ahead and got started on some other veggies.  I created a raised bed out of cinder blocks.  I planted beans and cucumbers in the bed from seed and planted some strawberry plants on the edge.  Bernard helped me load up all the blocks and then I manipulated the pattern to create a large rectangle.  I bought some marigolds while we were out yesterday too for 50 cents a piece.  They have a lovely smell and the yellow blooms look awesome on our patio.  The cinder blocks were only $1.25, strawberries $1.88 each, and marigolds $.50 each.  The total for everything was like $25. Oh yea!!!


My SPLURGE!  After we picked up all the supplies at Lowe's we stopped at Five Spot Frozen Yogurt for a special treat.  It was a fun little afternoon date and snack.  I went a little overboard with the chocolate toppings, but I couldn't feel too guilty.  We really wanted to stop at Marble Slab Creamery, so this froyo was a much healthier option.  Next time I am going to make sure I only get fruit on top.

All in all yesterday was perfect!  I got to spend time with my honey and my pit bull child.  I was able to spend time in the sunshine and relish in the outdoors.

Happy Spring!


Leave a Reply



Instagram
Powered By Blogger

Followers

Featured Posts